Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here's what Wednesday 1


I'm starting my own weekly blog feature entitled Here's What Wednesday.
Many bloggers do weekly features such as Not Me Monday, Tell all Tuesday etc. I just wanted something of my own and i enjoyed doing a weekly feature like my project life mondays i did last year ( not currently an option due to wifi dead zone farm living) so this will be my first installment.

Usually when I say "here's what..." I'm either really irritated and have a very opinionated statement about to flow forth or I'm trying to explain a situation for a person - bluntly- usually when they've come for advice. These posts may take either route.

Todays intended post was derailed by a speeding train of mommy frustration .

Here's what:

Kids most certainly have imbedded deep within them one of those light up vibrating notifiers you get while waiting for a table at a chain restaurant such as olive garden. Instead of notifying them that they are about to be ushered to a table of warm breadsticks and salad it notifies instead that a younger sibling has either just fallen asleep or has just shut their eyes much to mommys relief.

I will promise you in and give an oath in court if needed that this baby has not had one nap interrupted in her life on a day one or both older sisters have been home.

It's exactly as I described above- the moment this baby shuts her eyes or body goes limp one or both older sisters appears in front of me needing something, screams , cries , poops in their pants, or as happened yesterday- gets her legs stuck in the stair banisters.

You will not persuade me some internal alarm is not in play. Even if they are outside playing on some acre of farmland, as they were today, completely oblivious to what I am trying to accomplish inside- they sense the fluttering of baby eyelids, the slowing of breathing and the relaxing of just flailing limbs.

I think like on the restaurant buzzer lights begin to flash and race around before their eyes alerting them and something vibrates in their brain possessing them to run towards whatever area I've Sought for quiet seclusion.

A baby is sleeping. Must find mommy- loudly.

And in they burst - in tears or talking as though I was some deaf person from the 1800s holding up that little ear horn to my ear saying"speak up sonny" . And inevitably the baby I fought for half an hour ( she sees sleep as a battle to the death only to be lost with valiant effort) opens her eyes. And the vicious cycle continues.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment