Tuesday, July 13, 2010

On Our Anniversary




8 years ago today I married my best friend. In that time we've laughed together, cried together and grown together. In 8 short years of marriage we've gone through more than I would have imagined both wonderful and painful. Though I wouldn't have seen some of the turns this life of ours has taken and though some I would not have chosen- I would not have wanted to walk through them with anyone else.

Tony you've been more than my best friend. You're my rock, my constant. I know that no matter what the situation you are there to support me- and to hold my feet to the fire when need be. I love knowing that I can come to you with anything and come back with an honest answer. You are my compass.

I have such admiration for how hard you work to provide for us and allow me to stay home with our girls. I never take for granted the sacrifices you make so that our kids can be raised at home. When we were married 8 years ago being a stay at home mom and homemaker was the last thing on my mind, how things changed when that little red haired blue eyed girl came into our lives! I will always appreciate you doing whatever you could to ensure I didn't miss a moment of our kids' lives.

I still love the touch of your hand on my skin and the strength of your arms holding me brings comfort like nothing else. Even though you're gone frequently I never get used to going to bed alone and miss you every time. Its hackneyed and cliche, but you really do complete me. I can't imagine this life without you.

I'm so thankful and blessed by the time we've shared and everything you've given me. All I can ask for is more time to spend by your side. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment