Friday, January 15, 2010

What's in a name?

After doing a quick perusing of my blog while updating the layout I noticed one rather needed blog that I always meant to write, but somehow never did. This happens to me frequently, not necessarily in the blogging sense, just in life. I have things I need or want to say to people and my brain reminds me or plays it over so much that I think I have actually had the conversation with the person and never tell them. Before I again get sidetracked, the blog is the explanation behind the name Nothingcanseperate.

It comes from one of my favorite and most powerful (I feel) passages in the Bible. Romans 8:38-39

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the LOVE OF GOD that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

How amazing is that passage? NOTHING can seperate us from God's love. So many of us think we've done too much wrong to ever be loved by God, "I've done x, y, z I'm a despicable person, if there is a God I could never be worthy enough to approach him let alone ask or expect love.


You very well may be despicable, but God still loves you, because NOTHING can seperate you from his love. It may sound starnge but that way of thinking is arrogant and prideful. This verse says that the most powerful forces we know - angels, demons, life DEATH, none of these are enough to seperate us, yet you think somehow you've managed to do the 1 thing that will make you unlovable to the One who created you. Arrogance. And for those feeling that their noses are clean, the bible also says our righteousness is like filthy rags, so basically, we're no better off than Mr. Despicable a few sentences back. We've all sinned, we've all messed up, and continue to, but if we are in Christ not one thing can force us from God's love.


I dont' know, I've just always found that very comfoting and beautiful. It is so powerful and poetic, it has always struck a chord in my soul. It brings me peace in times of turmoil and strength and power when I'm feeling weak.


I chose that phrase as my blog title for those spiritual reasons but also as a declaration as a way to live life. I choose that for my marriage and my children. I'm not going to let anyone or anything come between us as a family or as children of God. NOTHING can seperate...


Loves..

No comments:

Post a Comment